Our journey started back in 2008, when Maureen Miruka’s (the Founder of JMHSK), son, Joseph, or Jose as he was fondly known, died of Hemophilia complications in April 2007. She gathered her strength and founded JMHSK, the next year and embarked on a journey to highlight the plight of people living with bleeding disorders with the objective of:
- Encouraging and assisting individuals with Hemophilia to obtain proper treatment and medical care.
- Aiding in the education of persons with congenital clotting disorders, their families, and the general public on the problems of Hemophilia.
- Procuring supplies of whole blood, blood products, or other therapeutic materials that are of assistance in the clotting of blood.
- Supporting the establishment and development of facilities for the adequate treatment of all aspects of Hemophilia.
- Raise money to support individuals living with blood clotting disorders to access technical and financial support through sponsorship, scholarships, and Micro-enterprise grants.
- Encouraging and promoting research in Hemophilia.
JMHSK is led by a volunteer Board of Management and managed by a small group of professional staff. Our Operations are based at our offices at Maharaja Building in Parklands, Nairobi and our approach is caregiver and patient-led. We distribute Factor for Home Infusion.
Join our story and let’s help bring hope to the bleeding disorders community, together with by getting in touch with us.